- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1863, May 25 Enrolled Cleveland, OH.
- 1865, May 27 Enrolled Buffalo, NY; same owner; readmeasured; 176.5' x 28.4' x 10.7'; 656.26 gross ton.
- 1867, Aug Owned Buffalo & Cleveland Transportation Co., Buffalo, NY.
- 1869, Apr 26 Owned Union Steamboat Co., Buffalo, NY.
- 1869, Jul 31 Duluth-Portage Lake Route.
- 1870, Mar 28 Buffalo-Detroit route.
- 1871 New main deck.
- 1872 New arches.
- 1872, Oct 2 Washed away gangways, Lake Erie storm; Detroit for repairs.
- 1872, Nov 5 Collision with tows CECILIA & MONTGOMERY on St. Clair flats; damage to forward cabin & pilothouse.
- 1875 Repaired.
- 1878, Mar 15 Lake Superior Transit Co.
- 1879 Repaired.
- 1882, Apr 8 Enrolled Detroit, MI; owned Steve B. Grummund, Detroit; Detroit & Mackinac Line, Cleveland - Lake Huron shore.
- 1886, Mar 21 Engine repairs; new stack; new decks; bow sheathed with boiler iron.
- 1893, Apr 26 New arches; new decks; new electric light plant.
- 1896, Sep 11 Sold to H.S. Brown.
- 1896, Sep 30 Owned Rose D. Brown, Detroit, MI.
- 1898, Mar 23 Owned William Wallace Brown, Detroit, MI.
- 1898, Aug 27 Damaged by fire, Detroit; idle for 5 years.
- 1900, Oct 3 Reconstructed Davidson Shipyard, W. Bay City; steambarge with 1 deck, 2 masts, new steeple, engine, Montague Iron Works; 176.5 x 29.5 x 11.8; 448 gross ton/291 net ton.
- 1901, Apr 16 Owned Frank C. Andrews, Detroit, MI; renamed HOMER WARREN.
- 1902 Owned J.C. Garey, et al; Saginaw, MI.
- 1906, Sep 4 Collision with tow WILLIAM CROSTHWAITE near Kelly's Island, Lake Erie.
- 1914, Jun 10 Registered Canadian, C130222; owned Peninsula Tug & Towing Co., Wiarton, ONT.
- 1918, May 1 Owned Milnes Brothers, Milnes Coal Co., Toronto, ONT.
- 1918, Oct. 28 Foundered with all hands.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John O. Greenwood
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- History of the Great Lakes
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Regist
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 14:08:07
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio