- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Old Style
- 1155 18/95
History and Notes
- 1849, May 29 Enrolled Detroit, MI; owned E.B. Ward, et al.
- 1849 Made trip Detroit-Buffalo, 16 1/2 hrs, record time to date; chartered to Michigan Central Railway Co; running Detroit-Buffalo.
- 1850, Apr 13 Stranded, Pt. Pelee, Lake Erie; released with minor damage.
- 1852, Aug 20 Collision with propeller OGDENSBURG; sunk with 600 people aboard; 130 lives lost.
- 1853 Owner E.B. Ward sued OGDENSBURG owners.
- 1854 One boiler raised by Isa Coffin.
- 1856, Jun 22 Diver Elliot P. Harrington recovered safe.
- 1859 Judgement in favor of E.B. Ward & Stephen M. Clement for $41,200.
- 1873, Jul 30 Attempt made to raise ATLANTIC.
- 1910, Aug 26 Another salvage attempt.
- 1991, Jun 26 Third salvage attempt.
- 1996, Dec 20 The Province of Ontario awarded ownership; MAR Dive Corp. of California appealing.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Great Lakes News
- F.E. Hamilton
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 14:05:43