- Original Owner
- United States Navy
- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1895, Oct 19 Launched.
- 1897, May 13 Commissioned in US Naval service as U.S.S. WILMINGTON, GUNBOAT NO. 8; operated off Cuba in Spanish American War.
- 1899-1900 South American Squadron.
- 1901-22 Served in Asian Waters.
- 1923 Great Lakes Training Ship.
- 1934 Returned Canada's Parlimentary Mace that was captured by Americans in War of 1812.
- 1941 Designated 1x-30; renamed U.S.S. DOVER; served saltwater in World War II.
- 1945, Dec Decommissioned.
- 1946 Sold for scrap.
- Shipyard Bulletin
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 18:04:09
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio