- Original Owner
- Geo. J. Whitney
- Ownership Notes
- builder also given as Geo. Hardison
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1867 Enrolled Rochester; 340 tons
- 1868 Owned, Rochester
- 1871 Owned H. Rogers & Co., Rochester
- 1871, Oct Foundered, Sugar Island, Lake Huron
- 1872, Jul Floated, towed to Alpena, MI
- 1872, late Aug Stranded, Vermillion, OH in storm; cargo block stone
- 1872, Sep 10 Released, towed to Detroit, MI by wrecking steamer MAGNET; 120 tons cargo jettisoned to raise her.
- 1872, Sep 28 or 29 Foundered
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio