- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 2,300 tons
History and Notes
- 1891, Sep Collision with propeller JAPAN near Sand Beach, MI, Lake Huron.
- 1893, Oct 14 Ashore in gale, Long Point, Lake Erie, released Oct 17.
- 1903 Rebuilt 220 x 38 x 23.4', 1,586 gross tons.
- 1907, May 12 Sunk by collision with steamer JOHN C. GAULT, raised May 12 & taken to Buffalo, NY.
- Date unknown Owned Thomas Furnace Co., Milwaukee, WI.
- 1913 Owned C.W. Elphicke & Co., Chicago, IL, then owned Franklin E. Hall, Montreal, QUE; C134145; 222.6 x 37.7 x 33.8', 1,539 gross tons.
- 1915, Oct Ashore at Cardinal, St. Lawrence River; lost wheel, towed to Prescott to unload, then repaired at Odgensburg, NY.
- 1917, Oct Renamed MARION W.; owned Steamer Marion W., Ltd., Quebec, QUE.
- 1920, Mar 6 Burned in winter quarters, Louise Basin, Quebec City; owned Webster Steamship Co., Montreal, QUE.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 17:45:36
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio