- Engine Type
- Vertical Beam (Walking Beam)
- 141' 6"
- 11' 6"
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- Built to replace WILLIAM V (1831), which was abandoned 1860; she towed on the St.Lawrence River from Lake Ontario to Montreal & Quebec, Quebec with WELLINGTON, RAFTSMAN, TRAVELLER, J.A.MACDONALD & H.A. CALVIN
- 1869 Inspected Kingston, 371 gross tons
- 1869, April 27 Admeasured 139.5 x 25 x 10.8', 267.27 tons, 109 net tons
- 1876 Retired; 139.5 x 25 x 10.81', 267 gross/109 net tons
- 1878, March 12 Broken up & destroyed
- Donald V. Baut
- Canadian Sessional Papers
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio