- Original Owner
- A. Wehrle, Jr.
- Propulsion Type
- 148' 2"
- 26' 5"
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1889, Jul 17 launched; ran Lake Erie Islands
- 1890 40 x 84", 385hp @ 30rpm vertical beam engine, Klotz & Kramer, Sandusky, OH
- 1891, Apr 10 Owned Cedar Point Resort Co. (G. H. Boeckling); ran Lake Erie south shore
- 1915 Owned Joseph Borassa, Houghton, MI; ran Houghton-Osceola Park, Portage Waterway, Lake Superior
- 1919 Owned Clow & Nicholson Transportation Co., Duluth, MN; rebuilt over winter
- 1920, Spring Renamed ROTARIAN; 146.8 x 41.9 x 9; 307 gross/196 net tons; ran exursions Duluth-Fond du Lac, MN
- 1927 Owned Hanes Murphy & Co. (Illinois Society for Democracy), Chicago, IL; machinery removed at Sturgeon Bay, WI; used as restaurant, Clark Street, Chicago River
- 1931 Sank from abandonment; raised, scuttled
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 17:15:53
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio