- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 2000 net tons
History and Notes
- 1884, Aug 27 Launched iron ore & grain trade; cost $100,000.00.
- 1884, Sep 1 Enrolled Port Huron; owned H.A. Hawgood, Bay City & Waldo A. Avery, East Saginaw.
- 1885, Aug 6 Collision with WALLULA, Church's Bend, Sault River.
- 1886, Mar 22 Towed barge H.A. HAWGOOD, owned Henry A. Hawgood & Waldo A. Avery, Bay City.
- 1889, Mar 6 Owned H.A. Hawgood, East Cleveland, OH & Waldo A. Avery, Bay City, MI.
- 1891, Jun 19 Owned Hawgood & Avery Transit Co., Mautua, OH.
- 1893, Dec 5 Burned, McGulpins's Point, 2 miles from Mackinaw City; cargo: corn, crew & passengers safe. Refloated 1894 & towed to Bay City.
- 1895, Oct Rebuilt James Davidson, West Bay City, MI; widened 18'; renamed PHENIX; 240.1 x 38 x 17.6'; 1294 gross/1035 net tons.
- 1895, Oct 17 Enrolled Chicago, IL; owned Steamer Phenix Co.
- 1898 Collison with schooner RIVAL on Detroit River.
- 1904, Oct 10 Enrolled Chicago, IL; owned Phoenix Transportation Co.
- 1906, Dec 18 Recently ashore Cheboygan, MI, resting bottom of Tawas Bay, Lake Huron.
- 1910, May 20 Owned George B. Hall Coal Co., Ogdensburg, NY.
- 1910, May 26 Owned George Hall Coal Company, Ogdensburg, NY.
- 1913, Apr 16 Owned George Hall Coal Transportation Co.
- 1918, May 21 Same owner, renamed LIBERTY.
- 1923, Apr 11 Dismantled & abandoned.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 13:50:30