- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 40,000 bu
History and Notes
- 1884, Mar 29 Launched Detroit for Ogdensburg & Lake Champlain Railroad Co., cost $125,000. Sister ships WILLIAM A. HASKELL & WALTER L. FROST; ports of call Chicago, Milwaukee, Port Huron, Detroit, Cleveland, Oswego, Cape Vincent, Clayton, Alexandria Bay, Morristown & Ogdensburg.
- 1885, Mar 29 Defaulted to Detroit Dry Dock Co.
- 1886, Mar 27 Running in Ogdensburg Line.
- 1890, Jun 13 Ashore South Manitou Island, Lake Michigan.
- 1899 Owned Ogdensburg Transit Co.
- 1916 Purchased Lake & River Transportation Co., Montreal, QUE; R.M. Wolvin, agent; renamed OATLAND C138107; 1854 gross tons/1063 net tons.
- 1917 Owned Montreal Transportation Co. Ltd.
- 1917-1920 Managed Canada Steamship Lines Ltd.
- 1925 Retired, laid up Kingston.
- 1927 Declared abandoned.
- 1931 Hull discarded to island in Lake Ontario near Cape Vincent, NY.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- International Ship Masters Association
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 13:48:16