- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1878-1881 Owned T. Hersee, Buffalo, NY; operated Buffalo & Rochester to Thousand Islands.
- 1889-1892 Owned Darius Cole Transportation Co., Banger, MI & T, F, Holt, Detroit, MI. Detroit-Toledo run with Star Cole Line, early & late season runs to Port Huron.
- 1892 Rebuilt Detroit Dry Dock Co. 166.6 x 26.5 x 10.7; 339 gross tons/257 net tons. Repowered with fore & aft compound engine, 21 x 42" x 28", 340hp @ 105rpm, S. F. Hodge Iron works, Detroit; new firebox boiler, 10' x 15.5', 120# from Love & Schofield, Port Huron. Chartered Graham & Morton while its new boat "CHICORA" was built; ran Chicago-St. Joseph, Benton Harbor.
- 1893-1898 Owned Star Line Steamers, Detroit, MI.
- 1898-1910 Owned Darius Cole Transportation Co.; opened season Detroit-Port Huron run, Aug 1898; began runs, St. Lawerence River-Thousand Islands; ran aground Fineview Shoal, Thousand Islands
- Jun 18, 1908 Released
- Jun 30, 1908 Repaired Kingston.
- 1810, Mar 12 Owned A. H. Crawford, Saugatuck to run Chicago & Sanqatuck.
- 1910, Apr Rebuilt.
- 1911, Oct 18 Burned Douglas, MI.
- 1911, Dec 8 Bought by Nessen & Kitzinger, Manistee; towed to Manistee; rebuilt, ran between Manistee, Ludington & Frankfort, MI.
- 1916, Jun 13 Bought by N. G. Paske, New York, NY; redocumented as barge; 166.6 x 26.5 x 10.7.
- 1919, Apr 7 Listed abandoned, "unfit for service".
- 1920, Sep 23 Owned A. D. L. Buxton, Worchester, MA; rebuilt Elizabeth City, NC as gas screw motor vessel; 170 x 24.4 x 9.3; 516 gross tons/291 net tons.
- 1921, Oct 21 Name changed to BREWSTER.
- 1922, Apr 22 Sunk in collision James River.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- International Ship Masters Association
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Ed Middleton
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 13:46:45
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio