- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 3,000 tons
History and Notes
- Largest craft on the Lakes when built; cost $150,000.
- 1887, Aug 23 Launched Cleveland, OH.
- 1887, Sep 26 Enrolled Cleveland, owned John Corrigan & Xenopjon C. Scott.
- 1889, Mar 30 Home port changed to Fairport.
- 1890, Jun 23 Enrolled Port Huron, owned John Stevens, Detroit 2159 96/95 tons.
- 1892, Nov Ashore Blind River, Georgian Bay, Lake Huron.
- 1894 Released from Drummond Island, MI, Lake Huron.
- 1897, Dec 25 Ashore near Port Huron, MI.
- 1898, Apr 6 Towed schooner NORTHWEST; latter sunk by ice in Straits, with 76,600 bushels corn.
- 1898, Dec 12 Burned to water's edge Bois Blanc in Detroit River; had been fast in ice Amherstburg, ONT; crew saved.
- 1899 Owned John Corrigan, Fairport; 317'x 42'x 25', 2282 gross tons, 1809 net tons.
- 1900 Rebuilt Marine City, MI by Alex Anderson as barge; machinery into barge AUSTRALIA in 1901, 290' x 41' x 21.5', 2236 gross, 2181 net tons.
- 1900, Jul 17 Enrolled Erie, PA, owners et al.
- 1900, Aug 29 Owned E.D.Carter & C. Neilson, Sandusky et al.
- 1901, Oct 23 Enrolled Erie, PA; owned E.D. Cartier, Erie, PA.
- 1901, Nov 27 Enrolled Detroit, MI; owned Henry Wineman Dr., Detroit & Philip Neilsen, Sandusky, OH.
- 1902, Sep 23 Enrolled Detroit; owned Henry Wineman Jr.; 1 deck, 3 masts.
- 1915, May 18 Enrolled Cleveland, OH; owned Pringle Barge Line Co., Lake Co., OH.
- 1916, Jan 31 Enrolled Chicago, IL; owned Morton Salt Co., Robert K. Warner, sec.; capacity 2156.96 tons.
- 1927 Laid up Chicago, IL.
- 1932 Burned Ferrysburg, MI.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Ralph K. Roberts
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 13:41:39