- Sail Number Masts
- 104' 6.5"
- 24' 3.5"
- 9' 10.5"
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1844, August 30 Enrolled Buffalo "new"
- 1850, April 4 Ashore on Candian side
- 1850, October 28 Ashore north of pier at Buffalo
- November 8 Struck pier at Erie & went ashore; some damage
- 1851, March 19 Advertised for sale at Buffalo
- December Ashore at Dunkirk, New York, cargo railroad iron; to be
- raised in spring
- 1853 Smith & Company, Buffalo sold to Richmond & Company of Chicago
- 1854 Enrolled Chicago
- 1856 Enrolled Detroit
- 1859 Rebuilt
- 1860 Owned Captain J.B. Scott, Detroit
- 1863 Same owner, large repairs
- 1864, October Struck pier entering Chicago, stove hole in bow near
- 1865 Enrolled Detroit; 156 gross tons
- 1866 Enrolled Cleveland, later Detroit
- 1866, June 18 Driven ashore & wrecked in storm, 15 miles east of
- Cleveland, Lake Erie
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID