- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1889, Jul 10 Launched; enrolled Cleveland; ran in iron ore & coal trades.
- 1894, Nov Holed in storm near Sault Ste. Marie, MI; repaired Superior, WI.
- 1895, Aug Ashore Gravel Island.
- 1902 Owned J.C. Gilchrist, Cleveland.
- 1903 Owned Gilchrist Transportation Co.
- 1906, Sep 30 Stranded middle ground near Port Huron, MI.
- 1909, Dec 11 Stranded Lansing Shoal.
- 1913 Owned R.C. & D.T. Helm, Duluth, MN, Atlas Steamship Co.
- 1917, May 7 Collision with steamer DANIEL J. MORRELL off Whitefish Point.
- 1918, Oct 30 Wrecked Point Abbaye, Lake Superior.
- 1919 Raised; rebuilt Collingwood, ONT; 243 x 38 x 21', 1,799 gross/ 1,024 net tons; renamed VINMOUNT; C138859; owned Montreal Transportation Co. & later that year Canada Steamship Lines, Ltd., Montreal, QUE.
- 1929 In ordinary.
- 1945 Scrapped Sorel.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 16:27:21
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio