- 8' 6"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 338 60/95
History and Notes
- 1819, May Paddlewheel diameter reduced, increasing revolutions & speed by 2 miles an hour
- 1819 Owned reorganized as Lake Erie Steamboat Co., Buffalo, NY
- 1821, Nov 1 Ashore in westerly gale, Lake Erie; engine, boiler & machinery recovered
- 1822, Apr 5 Enrollment surrendered, Buffalo, NY; "said steamboat having been wrecked and broken up"
- S. W. Stanton
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inland Seas, Great Lakes Historical Society
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Beers, History of
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 16:41:01
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio