- Propulsion Type
History and Notes
- 1881, May 20 Owned Torrent & Farr, Muskegon, MI.
- 1882 Towed by PACIFIC with barge CANTON in Toledo, OH to Milwaukee, WI coal trade.
- 1887 Renamed THOMAS D. STIMSON, 2 decks, spar deck & well deck whose sides are built up, iron-lined boilers, centerboard, steam windlass; 160.6 x 31 x 11.6', 509 gross/ 468 net tons; 8'6" x 14' @ 100# steam, firebox boiler by Buhl Iron Works, Detroit, MI (1887).
- 1889 Towed NEWSBOY.
- 1890, Sep 4 Collision with Welland Canal gates lock 18.
- 1893, May Grounded lower end Lake George in heavy winds.
- 1894 Towed ATMOSPHERE & P.S. MARSH.
- 1898 Towed ROGERS & DONALDSON.
- 1899 Owned Lensly & Son, Mt. Clemens, MI; Towed URANUS.
- 1901 Towed HARVEY BISSELL.
- 1903 159.1 x 31.6 x 11.6', 422 gross/ 418 net tons.
- 1903, Jun 30 Burned St. Clair Flats; owned A. Slyfield, Port Huron.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 16:15:28
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio