- Original Owner
- P. Durfee & Company & A. Root
- Sail Number Masts
- 104' 9"
- 23' 7"
- 8' 2"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 7,800 bushels
History and Notes
- 1846 Enrolled Buffalo, New York
- 1847 Enrolled Sandusky, Ohio; owned Howe & Smith, Milan, Ohio
- 1848 Ran Huron, Ohio to Buffalo, New York with corn & produce
- 1851, April 3 Owned Lorain Bank, Elyria & Farmer's Bank, Ashtabula
- 1851, September 6 Owned Lorain Bank & John R. Finn, Elyria, Ohio
- 1853, May Ashore mouth Genessee River, Lake Ontario; cargo 1,050
- barrels flour, 300 bushels wheat & ashes; repaired Oswego,
- New York
- 1854, April 15 Owned Rollin B., Watson & Langdon Hubbard
- 1857, November Owned Sims & Gray, Chicago, Illinois; wrecked, Lake
- Newspaper Clippings
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio