- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1898, Oct 20 Struck Lansing shoal Lake Michigan; serious damage to bottom.
- 1898, Nov 6 Drydock Cleveland for extensive repairs.
- 1899 Owned Interlake Co., Ashtabula, OH.
- 1905 Lengthened 72' by Superior Ship Building Co; 459' x 48.3' x 22.5'; 4527 gross tons.
- 1912 Reboilered Manitowoc, WI; 2 scotch boilers; 13'5" x 11'6"; 180# steam; by Manitowoc Boiler Works.
- 1913 Owned Interlake Steam Ship Co., Cleveland, OH.
- 1926 Reconstructed Fairport, OH; 459' x 47.8" x 28'; 4676 gross tons.
- 1940 Renamed VICTORIOUS; C172358; owned Upper Lakes & St. Lawrence Transportation Co. Ltd.
- 1945 New tank tops; cast iron propeller.
- 1960 Owned Upper Lakes Shipping Ltd., Toronto, ONT.
- 1964 Tied up Goderich, ONT; later appears to have been cut down to barge or scrapped.
- 1973 Wheelhouse used as clubhouse Toronto, ONT.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Richard J. Wright, Bowling Green State University
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 16:03:26
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio