- 28' 4"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 366 80/95
History and Notes
- 1835, Aug 20 Enrolled Sandusky; one of the first and last boats in season navigation; ran Buffalo, NY-Erie, PA, Cleveland, OH and Detroit, MI.
- 1835, Oct Record time Detroit-Green Bay,WI, 57 hours.
- 1835, Nov Collision with commodore PERRY, severe gale, Lake Erie.
- 1836, Aug 13 Owned Needham standard et al, Cleveland, OH.
- 1836, May 27 Stranded and filled 20 miles from Erie, PA
- 1838, Oct 1 One deck
- 1839, Aug Collision with steamer GREAT BRITIAN near mouth Genessee River
- 1839, Sep Ran Buffalo-Chicago, IL
- 1840 In ordinary, Cleveland
- 1841, Apr 7 Owned William F. Allen Jr. Cleveland et al; ran on Lake Ontario-Lewiston.
- 1843, Jun Machinery damaged; repaired Buffalo.
- 1844, Mar 7 Owned Harry Whittaker, Buffalo; repaired, extensive improvements; new hurricane deck.
- 1845 Record of one or more round trips Buffalo-Detroit, every month of the year.
- 1845, May Damaged, collision with schooner 14 miles from Buffalo
- 1846, Mar Locked in ice; upper works damaged, Buffalo harbor
- 1846, May Ran Buffalo-Sandusky
- 1847, Mar Rebuilt Cleveland, new boilers; ran Bufffalo-Toledo.
- 1848 Ran Buffalo-Detroit
- 1848, Dec 23 Owned Munger and Willard; wintered at Buffalo near Newman's Foundry
- 1849, Mar 7 Burned Lake Erie
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- F.E. Hamilton
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollment
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 13:32:37
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio