- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- Designed for wood & lumber trade.
- 1853 Enrolled Milwaukee, WI.
- 1855, Jun 8 Struck bar & sunk at Manitowoc harbor, WI, Lake Michigan; raised.
- 1856 Enrolled Milwaukee, WI.
- 1857 Enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1858, Oct 20 Aground South Bar of Grand Haven, MI, Lake Michigan.
- 1859, Sep Aground Grand Haven; got off & towed to Muskegon, MI.
- 1860 Rebuilt by Bailey.
- 1860 Enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1860 Owners Shouler & Co., Muskegon.
- 1863 Owner P. Tait, Michigan City, 137 tons.
- 1866 Owner P. Tait, Racine, WI.
- 1868 Chicago District, 84.27 gross tons.
- 1868, Nov 15 Aground in gale, South Manitou Island, MI, Lake Michigan.
- 1871 Owned Racine, WI.
- 1872 Rebuilt by Jones at Racine.
- 1873 Owned Chicago parties, IL.
- 1876 Owner Submarine Co., Chicago.
- 1879 Same owners, described as "not insurable".
- Newspaper Clippings
- Maritime History of the Great Lakes
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio