- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 300 passengers plus 10,000 barrels
History and Notes
- 1882, Nov 1 Launched with difficulty; pulled off by steamer OMAR D. CONGER and tugs FRANK MOFFATT and KITTIE HAIGHT; cost $125,000; illistraded on 1902 Canadian $4 bill.
- 1883, Mar 2 Registered Sarnia, ONT; ran with MANITOBA, QUEBEC and ONTARIO, Sarnia, ONT-Duluth, MN.
- 1883 Brought large numbers of immigrants to Duluth and Prince Arthur Landing.
- 1883, May Two steel arches from England installed.
- 1884 Carried 13,663 barrels merchandise
- 1887 Repaired Sarnia, ONT
- 1888, Jul Lost rudder and shoe, Bear Lake.
- 1890, Jun Collision with schooner KINGFISHER.
- 1890, Oct Electric lights installed.
- 1892 Machinery repaired
- 1893, Jul 14 Hard aground opposite Point Edward, ONT; laden with flour and grain; bound Duluth-Point Edward.
- 1893, Sep 24 Collision with steamer CAMBRIA near Sarnia, ONT
- 1895, May Grounded, dense fog near Duluth; released.
- 1904, 1905 winter Rebuilt Collingwood, ONT; renamed SARONIC; owned Northern Navigation Co., Sarnia, ONT.
- 1905 Ran on St. Lawrence River
- 1906 Ran Sarnia-Duluth
- 1913 Owned Canada Steamship Lines; ran Montreal-Lakehead with package freight.
- 1914 Ran Quebec-North Shore Gulf of St. Lawrence routes.
- 1915, Dec 15 Damaged, fire, Sarnia
- 1916 Rebuilt as steambarge, Sarnia; measurements unknown.
- 1916, Aug 20 Stranded, burned Cockburn Island, North Channel, Lake Huron; total loss.
- 1917 Hull sold to Winand Schlosser, Milwaukee, WI, US215206; rebuilt Milwaukee Dry Dock Co. as tow barge; 251.5 x 36 x 14.5', 1,014 gross tons, 2 masts; renamed W.L. KENNEDY; enrolled Marquette, MI; ran in pulpwood trade; towed by C. H. GREEN
- 1918 Owned James R. Andrews Transportation Co., Escanaba, MI; hauled pulp for Detroit Sulphite Co.
- 1921, May 19 Caught fire, St. Clair River, extinguished with minimal damage.
- 1924 Abandoned Detroit River
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Canadian Registers
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 13:24:34