- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1894, Jun Launched; designed by owned; ran on Rapid Line, Detroit, MI-Port Huron, MI twice daily.
- 1895, May 13 Boiler explosion Lake St. Clair, 9 miles above Belle Isle; 2 killed; 2: 9' 6" x 9' 4" @ 250# steam water tube boilers, Roberts Boiler Co., Red Bank; laid up Sarnia.
- 1900, Jun 12 Owned W. J. Laidlaw, Ogdensburg, NY; ran St. Lawrence River Ogdensburg, NY-Kingston, ONT, Rapid Transit Co.
- 1901 Owned Delaware Navigation Co., Beverly, NY ran Philadelphia, PA-Wilmington, DE; renamed DIAMOND STATE.
- 1903 Owned August Belmont, New York, NY; made a yacht.
- 1915, Nov 20 Burned New York City harbor; rebuilt as freighter.
- 1923 Rebuilt Albany, NY, Hudson River freighter.
- 1924 Foundered Hudson River, Catskill, NY.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- John O. Greenwood
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 13:18:48
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio