- Original Owner
- Drake & Maythem
- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1895, Oct 10 Released from False Presque Isle by tug FRANK W. after jettisoning 600 tons of ore; to be towed to Alpena, MI.
- 1896 Owned American Transportation Co., Fairport, OH.
- 1900 Owned Drake & Maytham, Buffalo, NY.
- 1902 Owned J.C. Gilchrist, Cleveland, OH.
- 1908 Owned Gilchrist Transportation Co., Cleveland.
- 1917 Owned General Transportation Co., Cleveland.
- 1953, May 16 Struck south canal pier at Duluth, MN & sank when beached.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Donald V. Baut
- Beesons Marine Directory
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 13:12:46
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio