- 106' 6"
- 23' 2"
- 7' 4.5"
- Tonnage Old Style
- Final Location
- Northease point Cunningham's Island (Kelly's Island), Lake Erie
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
History and Notes
- 1833 Enrolled Detroit, Michigan "new", running between Buffalo, New
- York & Detroit
- 1833 Enrolled Detroit; rebuilt, 136'6" x 23'4" x 7'4", 220.78 tons,
- same owners
- 1837 Machinery removed at Black River, Ohio, converted to brig,
- enrolled Buffalo as such
- 1838 Engine installed in LEXINGTON
- 1843 In state of decay at Black River
- 1844 Rebuilt; enrolled Buffalo, 236 tons
- 1847 Wrecked
- 1848, April Spars & rigging from wreck delivered to Buffalo by
- propeller GENERAL PORTER
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio