- Propulsion Type
- 165' 3"
- 9' 5"
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 900 passengers
History and Notes
- 1895-1922 Sailed Sandusky to Lake Erie Islands.
- 1911 New American Shipbuilding firebox boiler installed.
- 1922, Oct 14 Burned at her dock, Put-in-Bay, OH; replaced by CHIPPEWA, purchaesed from Arnold Co.
- 1922-1935 Rebuilt & sold, Northshore S.S. Co., Chicago; to run Chicago & Waukegan excursion trade. Ran 20 days & laid up, North Branch Chicago River; idle & vandalized; burned at dock Apr, 1932.
- 1934 Removed from documantation.
- 1935, Apr 8 Sold to C.W. & R. Armentrout; engine & boiler removed, Sturgeon Bay; towed to Monroe, MI.
- 1936, Aug 6 Redocumented as barge, 333 gross tons/333 net tons, Detroit.
- 1937, Jun 15 Redocumented, Philadelphia, PA, same owner.
- 1939, Jun 12 Sold to Benj & W.W. Colonna, Norfolk, VA; separated Intercoastal Waterway Norfolk & Savannah, GA.
- 1943, Oct 14 Sold to H.G. Williams et al, Jacksonville, FL; converted to general cargo vessel with two 200hp Waukesha diesel engines; transfered to Honduran flag and renamed H-162; operated between Jacksonville, Tampa, Cuba, & Puerto Rico.
- 1946, Sep 5 Sold to McCormick Shipping Corp. of Panama, entered Central America banana trade.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Ships We Remember
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 13:37:12