- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1874, Oct Cleared Chicago with cargo of bone dust for Queenstown, Ireland.
- 1874-75 On Atlantic Ocean running Montreal, QUE to Scotland, Spain, Portugal and South America.
- 1876, Aug 9 Arrived back in Milwaukee from East Coast.
- 1881 Towed by steam barge S. C. Baldwin.
- 1883 Owned A. Gibbs, et al, Milwaukee.
- 1884 Owned F. L. Vance, Milwaukee.
- 1885, Mar 2 Renamed ARTHUR.
- 1896,May while under tow of tug REGINALD, struck rock, Galoup Rapids, St. Lawrence River, sunk; raised, repaired.
- 1899 Owned John Enright, Toledo, OH.
- 1902 Owned Elias Rogers & Co., Toronto, ONT; Canadian register # C111927.
- 1911 Large Repairs.
- 1912 Owned J. H. Peacock, Toronto.
- 1918 Went to Canadian East Coast, three round trips, Halifax, NS-South Africa with lumber.
- 1919, Oct 7 Foundered in gale off Labrador coast.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- International Ship Masters Association
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio