- Engine Number Propellers
- Tonnage Old Style
- 549 54/95
History and Notes
- 1862, Apr 24 Launched; ran Dunkirk, NY - Sandusky, OH, Lake Erie.
- 1863, May 9 Boiler exploded off Cleveland, OH, Lake Erie, c4 lost.
- 1864 Owned Erie Railway Steamboat Co.
- 1864, Apr 27 Ice damage, Lake Erie.
- 1865 Readmeasured 695.42 gross tons; 177.4 c 24.7 x 11.2'.
- 1868 Owned Erie Railway Line.
- 1869 Owned Union Steamboat Co.
- 1873, Aug Ashore Niagara Reef, Lake Erie.
- 1876, Jun Recieved a Thomas Murphy patented furnace said to use cheaper coal, but provide same power.
- 1877, May Owned & rebuilt as steambarge by C.C. Blodgett, Detroit, MI; ran Saginaw, MI - North Tonawanda, NY lumber trade.
- 1877, Oct 5 Burned.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Gerry Metzler
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, Unive
- Unique ID
- Eric Heyl, artist
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 12:21:34
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio