- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 2100 tons
History and Notes
- Used in grain, coal & ore trade in early years.
- 1894 Owned R.P. Fitzgerald, Milwaukee, WI.
- 1898 Bottom recaulked.
- 1899 Owned W.E. Fitzgerald, Milwaukee.
- 1901 Owned Lake Shore Stone Co; new decking; recaulked & rebuilt.
- 1904 Capacity 2000 tons.
- 1906 Made a self-unloader by Leatham & Smith Dry Dock Co. at Saginaw Bay, MI; used for stone & coal trade.
- 1916, Aug 15 Sank.
- 1916, Dec 26 Wreck removed by dynamite.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- University of Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- John O. Greenwood
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inland Seas, Great Lakes Historical Society
- Great Lakes Register
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V.
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 12:10:27
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio