- Original Owner
- W.D. & H. C. Richards
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 550,000' lumber or 850 gross tons
History and Notes
- 1887, Aug 11 Launched; ran Lake Michigan - Lake Superior lumber trade.
- 1888, Mar 15 Owned Edward Smith, Buffalo, NY, et al, Bay City, MI.
- 1889 19 7/7 + 38 x 36", 450hp @ 98rpm steeple compound engine built by Bay City Iron Works, MI.
- Into 1890's Towed ONEONTA, F.M. KNAPP, KINGFISHER, WILLIAM CROSTHWAITE, ALLEGHENY, et al.
- 1891 or 94 One 9'6" x 14', 120# steam, firebox boiler built by Dry Dock Engine Works, Detroit, MI.
- 1892, Apr 5 Owned Hiram W. & L.H. McCormick & Fremont B. Chesebrough, Bay City, MI.
- 1895, Sep 23 Owned Samuel Neff et al, Milwaukee, WI.
- 1898, Mar 24 Rigging changed - 2 mast; net tonnage changed 513.78 net tons; propelling-power space increased.
- Early 1900's Towed PARANA, BUTCHER BOY, RICHARD MOTT, BELLE BROWN, et al.
- 1901, Apr 4 Owned William Mueller Co., Chicago, IL.
- 1901, May 6 Renamed MUELLER.
- 1902, Apr 3 Readmeasured 172 x 30.1 x 12.5; 699.17 gross/ 455.15 net tons.
- 1906, Aug 13 Grounded Reading Coal Dock.
- 1906, Oct 25 Grounded Cherry Island, St. Mary's River.
- 1909, Jun Re-ironed, caulked, repaired.
- 1909, Nov 2 Owned Wisconsin Land & Timber Co., Hermansville, MI; towed HALSTED.
- 1912, May Repaired & caulked.
- 1912, Aug Extensive repairs below waterline; new wheel.
- 1915, Apr 10 Readmeasured 160 x 32 x 12', 567.04 gross/ 383 net tons.
- 1918, May 18 Owned Central Transportation Co., Gary, IN; repaired; towed ROBERT L. FRYER.
- 1922, Apr Repaired.
- 1924, May Repaired.
- 1927 Owned Central Paper Co., Gary, IN (see 1918).
- 1929, Jun 1 Grounded Detour, MI, Lake Huron.
- 1929, Sep 5 Owned Winand Schlosser, Milwaukee, WI; coal burner; Georgian Bay - Chicago pulpwood trade; towed FRYER & OUR SON.
- 1933 Dismantled, Sturgeon Bay, WI; operated by Roen Steamship Co. in pulpwood trade as barge; towed by steamer M.H. STUART.
- 1933, Sep c8 Burned & sank.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Lake Nautical Affairs
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Bowling Green State University
- A.E. Frederickson
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 12:02:06