- Original Owner
- Hyslop & Ronald
- Tonnage Gross
- 40,000 bushel
History and Notes
- 1874, Aug 28 Salvaged propeller MILWAUKEE'S engine in 105 feet of water, sunk 15 years.
- 1874 Repaired, strengthened; 19", 40" x 28", 425hp, 90rpm engine, Chatham, ONT, 1874
- 1877 Owned Merchant's Bank, Chatham, ONT.
- 1881, May 3 Wrecked on the schooner SWEETHEART 1 mile from St. Clair River.
- 1882 Owned Moffat, et al, Sarnia, ONT.
- 1882, Dec Salvaged rigging & 1 anchor off schooner TECUMSEH at Cove Island, Lake Huron.
- 1884 Owned Northern Transportation Co., Sarnia, ONT.
- 1884, Nov Ashore, heavy damage, Manitoulin Island, Lake Huron.
- 1885 Repaired
- 1886 Repaired
- 1890 Owned McArthur Brothers, Chatham.
- 1897 Collided with & sank Canadian steamer LEWIS SHICKLUNA off Long Point, Lake Erie.
- 1898 11' x 11' 6", 133# steam scotch boiler, Bertram Iron Works, Toronto, ONT.
- 1898, Jun 27 Ran on Ripley's rock, Marquette, MI harbor, Lake Superior; raised, repaired.
- 1901, May 2 Foundered, 9 miles from Gore Bay, ONT.
- 1908, Mar 6 Owned Trethewey & Son, Sarnia, ONT.
- 1909, Jan 16 Burned Goderich Harbor, ONT, Lake Huron.
- 1911, May 6 Wreck to be removed from Goderich Harbor.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Canadian Sessional Papers
- Canadian List of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 11:52:13
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio