- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Old Style
- 308 84/95
History and Notes
- 1857, Jul 6 Enrolled Detroit. Built to carry pig iron, Detroit to Wyandotte.
- 1858, Jul 20 Enrolled Detroit; rebuilt as steamer, owned Solomon Gardner, Detroit, MI; received beam engine of CHIEF JUSTICE ROBINSON (1842).
- 1859, Apr 18 Collision with schooner MORNING LIGHT, Detroit River.
- 1861 Owned E. B. Ward & S. Gardner, Detroit, MI.
- 1865 Readmeasured length 157'5"; beam 32' depth 7'8"; 267.84 tons. Same owners.
- 1866, Jul 27 Enrolled Detroit, owned George N. Carlton, Pt. Huron, MI & John Robertson, Detroit, MI. Changed to barge; engines removed to Marine City.
- 1866, Sep 3 Enrolled Detroit; owned John Miller & John Johnston, Port Huron, MI.
- 1866, Dec 22 Wrecked Lake Huron.
- Richard J. Wright, Bowling Green State University
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- G.P. Bugbee
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Dat
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 13:31:13