- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1868, Sep 7 Enrolled Chicago, IL.
- 1871 874 gross tons.
- 1872, Apr 23 Enrolled Erie, PA; owned Erie & Western Transportation Co., Joseph Potts, president. Purchased $75,000 to operate Anchor Line between Chicago, IL & Buffalo, NY.
- 1873, May 9 Collision with B. W. BLANCHARD above St. Clair Flats; sank with flour & wheat.
- 1873, May 15 Raised; repaired Detroit.
- 1876 Saginaw lumber trade.
- 1877, Apr 26 Enrolled Erie, PA; 2 decks, 1 mast; 677.59 gross tons.
- 1879, Apr 26 Enrolled Erie, PA; vessel altered; fore & aft cabins united; 924.21 gross tons.
- 1882, Oct Explosion, barrel of carbolic acid, Duluth, MN.
- 1887, Nov 17 Burned & sank Marquette, MI; carrying oil & acid; salvaged Reid.
- 1888, Sep 13 Enrolled Port Huron, MI; rebuilt Dunford & Alverson as steambarge; 1 deck, 3 masts, steel arches, steel boiler house; 189.4' x 32.5' x 13.4'; 684.38 gross tons/475.57 net tons; owned Walter Young, Bay City et al.
- 1888, Oct Newspapers erroneously reported name change to CITY OF MARQUETTE.
- 1891, Feb 7 Owned Young Transportation Co., Merritt, MI.
- 1893 Rebiult & re-engined, steeple compound 22 + 40' x 30"; 500hp, 96 rpm, Marine Iron Works, Bay City, MI.
- 1893, Apr 17 Enrolled Port Huron; 3 masts, changed tonnage 765.03 gross tons/601.06 net tons.
- 1902, Dec 29 Enrolled Cleveland, OH; owned Gray Transportation Co., Willoughby, OH.
- 1906 Owned White Transportation Co.
- 1909, May 12 Owned James A. White, Buffalo, NY.
- 1916 Owned Twin City Transportation Co., O'Hagan, president.
- 1918, Feb 25 Owned John J. O'Hagan, Tonawanda, NY.
- 1918, Apr 5 Owned Runnels Steamship Corp., Buffalo, NY.
- 1920, May 5 Owned Alexander MacDonald & Michael J. Griffin, Oswego, NY.
- 1922, Dec 1 Destroyed by fire; oldest freighter on Lakes.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- International Ship Masters Association
- Inland Seas, Great Lakes Historical Society
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, Univer
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 13:30:52
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio