- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- 349 99/95
History and Notes
- 1853, Aug 6 Launched Manitowoc, ran Chicago-Buffalo trade; enrolled Chicago, IL.
- 1854, Sep 29 Lost fore top mast and portions of rigging.
- 1857, Aug 25 Drifted on Middle Reef near Niagara River; pulled off by RELIEF.
- 1857, Oct Jettisoned 62 tons pig iron in storm; lost jibboom.
- 1858, Jun 18 Ashore Fox Island with wheat; released by SALVOR; owned A. R. Cobb and Co., Buffalo.
- 1858, Oct Lost bowsprit Buffalo harbor.
- 1860 Owned Smith and Mixer, Buffalo.
- 1863 Owned Jewett and Joy, Buffalo.
- 1864, Apr 11 Detroit District.
- 1865, Jun 2 Owned John Johnson, Port Huron and Folcott and Farnham, Buffalo; 233.69 gross/222.01 net tons.
- 1867, Apr 25 Made barge, no masts; owned Fred H. Blood and J. W. Louks, St. Clair, MI; 227.53 net tons.
- 1869, May 17 Owned John C. Williams, Marysville, MI.
- 1870 Towed by D. F. ROSE with TWILIGHT, MOHAWK and FORESTER.
- 1870, May 18 Owned Nelson Mills, Marysville; towed by N. MILLS, MARY MILLS, J. E. MILLS and POINT ABINO.
- 1871, May 6 Lost deck load; got into Maumee River.
- 1872 Repaired.
- 1876, Apr Owned Mills Transportation Co.
- 1881 Towed by ONTONAGON with WALTON, COL. BRACKETT.
- 1882 Towed by OAKLAND with W. R. MARTINI, JOHN SHERMAN, THEODORE PERRV and J. E. SPARROW in Saginaw to Cleveland; lumber trade.
- 1884 Owned Williams McLean et al, East Saginaw, MI.
- 1884, May 31 Met with disaster, Lake Erie.
- 1885, May 25 Owned Eunice B. Hall, Saginaw.
- 1886, Mar 9 Mortgage by Eunice Hall and Adeline A. Sutherland, Saginaw; 222 tons, 144 x 29 x 9.6.
- 1888, Nov or Dec Wrecked, Lake Erie.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 08:09:12