- 85' 4"
- 16' 11"
- 6' 5"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 81 45/95
History and Notes
- 1853, Apr 16 Enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1858, Jul Owned D. G. Mc Alpine; ran Buffalo, NY-Port Rowan, ONT.
- 1858, Aug Machinery broke in gale, Lake Erie; towed to Buffalo.
- 1859 Ran Detroit, MI-Chatham, ONT with SWAN.
- 1859, Apr Ran Sandusky, OH-Fremont, passenger and towing service.
- 1859, Sep 1 Owned Capt. Bottsford.
- 1860, Owned D. G. Holbrook, Detroit; overhauled and reboilered; ran Detroit-Port Huron.
- 1860, Jul Chartered Detroit-Chatham.
- 1862 Cut down; rebuilt, plied Saginaw River.
- 1863 Owned W. P. Edison, Port Huron; built to run Detroit-Port Huron.
- 1863, Jul Sold, William Simms to Joseph J. Bennett.
- 1865, Aug 29 Burned, Lake Michigan.
- Richard J. Wright, Bowling Green State University
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwrit
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio