- 170' 11"
- 21' 2"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 442 40/95
History and Notes
- 1855, Nov Collision with schooner AERIAL on Lake Erie.
- 1856, Mar 15 Owned Western Transportation Co., Tonawanda, NY.
- 1856, Nov 4 Damaged in storm Long Point Cut, ONT., Lake Erie; repaired.
- 1857, Jun Rescued downed balloonist, John Steiner on Lake Erie.
- 1860, May Collision with bark REPUBLIC off Madison Dock, Lake Erie.
- 1861 Strengthened; new decks & arches.
- 1862, Apr 4 Cut through by floating ice; sank coming into NY Central Railroad dock; raised; cause later reported as collision with sunken timber.
- 1863, May Aground on head of Fighting Island, Detroit River; released by steamer PEARL & propeller DUNKIRK; cargo flour & pork.
- 1864, Apr 14 Owned Buffalo & Detroit Transportation Co., Buffalo, NY.
- 1865, Sep 23 Readmeasured; 168.33 x 28 x 8.8; 526.93 gross/268.55 net tons;; 2 decks, 1 mast.
- 1866 New owners unlisted; enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1866, Sep 19 Grounded entering Chicago harbor.
- 1866, Nov 11 Sank.
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 08:02:40