- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1886, Aug 18 Enrolled Detroit, MI; towed MEARS.
- 1887 Towed MEARS & J.F. KING.
- 1888 Towed barges ONEOTA & MARIA MARTIN.
- 1889 Towed barges KINGFISHER & J.A. FRANCOMB.
- 1892, Aug Aground near Snow Shoe Island in dense fog, laden with stove coal.
- 1893, Apr 15 Owned Hope Transportation Co., Detroit; Thomas K Christie, president; towed schooners JOHN A FRANCOMB & ED MCWILLIAMS in coal & lumber trade.
- 1894, Nov 9 Broken rudder; repaired West Superior.
- 1894, Nov 15 Repaired Superior; struck obstacle.
- 1904, May 24 686.01 gross/ 398 net tons.
- 1905 Towed MCWILLIAMS in Marquette to Ashtabula ore trade.
- 1913, May 8 Owned Pelee Island Sand & Gravel Co., Lake County, OH; A.B. Emery, president.
- 1923, Apr 28 Owned Kelley Island Lime & Transport Co., Kelley's Island, OH.
- 1925, Oct 1 Laid up, Sandusky.
- 1930, Dec 24 Abandoned.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Donald V. Baut
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 07:43:35
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio