- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- Final Location
- Sarnia Bay, North of Sarnia, ONT
- Lake Huron
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- driven aground and wrecked
- Final Notes
- Swase gives loss as Oct 28, 1904; Port Huron paper Aug 30, 1901 notes that wrecks of PANDORA and SHOUTHAMPTON will be taken from Sarnia Bay to Kettle Point for part of breakwater
History and Notes
- 1861 Used in lumber trade between upper and lower lakes; flanks "hewed down", built too wide for Welland Canal.
- 1863 Owned E. Brown, Hamilton, ONT.
- 1869 Lost anchor & chain, Lake Erie.
- 1871 New deck.
- 1875 Owned Donald Cameron Thompson, QUE.
- 1878 Owned Thompson & Co., Hamilton, ONT.
- 1879 Purchased by American Jesse Farwell; too complex to change registry; hauling timber.
- 1881 Owner Samuel Fraser, Kingston, ONT; listed, barge.
- 1889 Repairs including new side.
- 1890 Hauling timber from Algoma; damaged while loading; repaired.
- 1897 Owner J. Gary, Kingston.
- 1901 Owned Samuel Fraser, Kingston; schooner.
- Prior to 1901, Aug 30 Driven ashore, Sarnia Bay, Lake Huuron; wrecked
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Canadian Sessional Papers
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Beesons Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 07:28:33
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio