- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- 405 90/95
History and Notes
- 1862, Apr 18 First enrolled Cleveland, OH.
- 1865 323.28 gross tons.
- 1871 New masts & deck; owned J.D. Brothwell, Cleveland.
- 1878 Repaired.
- 1880 Reported converted into schooner.
- 1882, Oct 20 Collided with schooner PELICAN; damaged.
- 1883, Oct 12 Ashore near Grand Island, Lake Superior.
- 1884 Owned with William Cunningham, Jr., Cleveland; repaired.
- 1885 139.8 x 26.2 x 11.6, 307.12 net tons.
- 1885, Sep 9 Ran on Simmon's Reef in gale, Lake Michigan; broke in two.
- 1887, Oct 22 Ashore Shot Point, MI, Lake Superior; broken up.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Detroit & St. Clair River Towing Association, c.1867
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Bowling Green State University
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio