- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1867, Apr 30 Launched; built to run Georgian Bay to Lake Superior.
- 1868 Stranded on rock at Byng Inlet, Georgian Bay; stayed for winter.
- 1869, Apr Released; repaired at Campbell & Owens Dry Dock, Detroit.
- 1870, Apr Completely renovated; 2 new cabins, new furnishings & fittings.
- 1870, May Chartered by Canadian Government to take supplies to Fort William, ONT.
- 1872, Jun Owned Frances Smith, Owen Sound; broke shaft; laid up for repairs.
- 1879 Owned Smith et al, Owen Sound; rebuilt Owen Sound Dry Dock Co.
- 1884 Owned W.T. Robertson et al, Owen Sound.
- 1885 Sunk Georgian Bay; released & rebuilt Collingwood, ONT.
- 1888 Owned Great Northern Transit Co., extensive rebuild; renamed BALTIC.
- 1889 Broke shaft while at Algoma Mills, Lake Superior.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shi
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 06:45:25