- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1872 First enrolled Cleveland, OH.
- 1873, Apr 30 Owned Lucy A. Russell, Cleveland.
- 1876, Sep 20 Rebuilt, 2 decks & 3 masts; 184.1 x 32.4 x 13.8'; 907.24 gross/ 739.45 net tons.
- 1880, Oct 10 Arrived port with stern split open.
- 1883 Major repairs.
- 1884, Apr 12 Owned M.A. Bradley et al, Cleveland.
- 1887, Feb 3 Recieved new cabins & new water bottoms to boilers.
- 1887, Nov Collided with & wrecked schooner ALVA BRADLEY; towed to Soo, MI.
- 1889, Oct 21 At Detroit with disabled machinery.
- 1893, May 19 Struck rock at dock that caused leak, Soo, MI.
- 1894, May 10 Vessel razed & rebuilt; 1 deck, 1 mast; 693.42 gross/517.23 net tons.
- 1898, Jun 10 Laid up at Buffalo, NY.
- 1899 Steel boiler-house & reinforced bow for ice work.
- 1905, Oct 20 Ashore & wrecked off Lorain, OH.
- 1905, Oct 23 Documents surrendered, Cleveland.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Milwaukee Public Library
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inspection Certificate
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 05:53:52
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio