- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 3,000 tons
History and Notes
- 1889, Jun 18 Launched; duplicate of SARANAC, E.P. WILBUR, TUSCARORA & CAYUGA; cost $250,000; ran Buffalo, NY, Gladstone, MI & Chicago, IL.
- 1889, Nov Damaged at dock, Chicago, by collision with steamer MASSACHUSETTS.
- 1892, Jul Damaged by fire sparks from tug TARRANT.
- 1892, Sep 16 Aground Grosse Point.
- 1893, May Damaged; 290 x 40.8 x 13.6'.
- 1901, Oct 28 Collision with ZILLIAN on St. Clair Ship Canal.
- 1917 Owned U.S. Shipping Board; rebuilt 290 x 40.8 x 22.4', 2,674 gross/ 1,638 net tons; to Atlantic.
- 1922 British registration; renamed BARBARA.
- 1923 U.S. owners.
- 1924 Italian owners; scrapped.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 05:43:20
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio