- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1896, Jun Launched Wyandotte; ran Buffalo, NY to Chicago, IL.
- 1898 Loaded 224,000 bushels corn at Milwaukee, one of the largest.
- 1898, Jun Stuck on rock at Ballard's Reef near Detroit, MI.
- 1905 Owned H.J. Candler, Detroit.
- 1906 Owned Wolverine Steamship Co.
- 1909, Aug Sank in Collision with steamer NORMAN B REAM at Pipe Island, St. Mary's River; assisted by wrecker FAVORITE.
- 1909, Sep Raised; temporary repairs at Detour then Cleveland.
- 1913 Rebuilt, probably Wyandotte.
- 1916 Owned Briston Steam Ship Co, then Columbia Steam Ship Co.
- 1923 Owned Fontana Steam Ship Co.
- 1929 Owned Spokane Steam Ship Co.; rebuilt at Ecorse to carry Automobiles; 3,994 gross/ 3,622 net tons.
- 1929, Oct 31 Sunk Lake Michigan.
- Newspaper Clippings
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 05:39:42
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio