- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1868, Nov 10 Enrolled Detroit; built to run Buffalo to Lake Superior; freight & passengers.
- 1872, Nov Blown ashore in Duluth Harbor; released & repaired.
- 1874 Owned Ward's Central & Lake Superior Line, Detroit.
- 1878 Owned F.W. Gilchrist et al, Alpena, MI; to run Detroit, Alpena, Cheboygan & Mackinac.
- 1881 Owned John W. Wickham, Jr., Huron, OH; towing schooners CARLINGTON & OWASCO in Erie & Duluth coal & grain trade.
- 1882 Rebuilt; to run Chicago & Collingwood, ONT.
- 1883 Burned at Detour, St. Mary's River; taken to Detroit; caught fire again; first mate died of injuries; repaired.
- 1887 Made into steambarge; readmeasured; 760.39 gross/525.17 net tons; to run in Ogdensburg Line, Chicago to Ogdensburg, NY.
- 1889, Jul Major repairs Cleveland; new keelsons & new boilers.
- 1893, Jan Owned G.B. Hodgman Manufacturing Co., Sandusky, OH.
- 1893, Mar Owned Homer Durand, Toledo, OH.
- 1894, Apr Owned Barney Wilds, Detroit.
- 1895 In collision with whaleback #107 on Detroit River; frames & deck beams broken; repaired.
- 1898 Owned King Navigation Do., Hamtramck, MI.
- 1899, Sep owned James Corrigan, Wickcliffe, OH.
- 1900, Nov 26 Caught fire off shore of Alpena, MI; towed to mouth of river, sunk; later raised & repaired.
- 1901 Towed to Cleveland for repairs.
- 1902, Aug Owned George W. Pfohl, Buffalo; renamed PFOHL; rebuilt.
- 1903, May Readmeasured; 1 deck; 2 masts; 827 gross/439 net tons.
- 1903, May 20 Vessel burned.
- 1903, Jun 30 Documents surrendered Buffalo.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Steamboat Bill, Steamship Historical Society of America
- Soo Annual Reports
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inland Seas, Great Lakes Hist
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 05:15:46