- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1871, Sep 6 Enrolled Port Huron; ran Saginaw to Cleveland.
- 1872, Mar 14 Owned Charles Mears, Lincoln, MI & William Anderson, Chicago; ran Lincoln to Chicago.
- 1873, Mar 11 Owned H.R. Greene & John Ebbert, Chicago.
- 1875, Oct Disabled; taken to Manitowoc for repairs.
- 1878, Aug 15 Owned Simeon Cobb, Chicago.
- 1879, Apr 4 Readmeasured 248.71 gross tons.
- 1880, Jun 11 Owned Simeon Cobb, Chicago & Henry Simonds, Boston; 248.71 gross/175.43 net tons; ran Chicago to Muskegon.
- 1883 Rebuilt.
- 1885, May Collided with steamer CITY OF MILWAUKEE at Chicago.
- 1887 Apr 11 Readmeasured 244.23 gross/189.13 net tons; same owners.
- c1887-88 Rebuilt and re-engined; given HPNC engine 20 x 24"; 285 hp @ 110 rpm; built Cowie Engine Works; Johnston Bros; firebox boiler 6 1/2 x 12.
- c1892 Given firebox boiler 9 x 15 built M. Riter, Buffalo, NY 1892.
- 1893, Feb 28 Owned Simeon Cobb, Chicago.
- 1895, Jul 10 Owned O.S. Richardson, Chicago "coal dealer".
- 1896, Oct 18 Owned Cartier Lumber Co., Ludington, MI.
- 1897, Mar 1 Enrolled Sandusky; owned Mrs. Carrie McGlone Koch, Sandusky.
- 1912, Apr 18 Owned Jerry Shamplain (Shampaign), Sandusky.
- 1913, Jun 16 Owned Jerry Shampaign & Mae Lockhart, Sandusky.
- c1915 Engine changed to F & AC - 17, 39 x 21"; built Detroit Shipbuilding Co., 1915.
- 1916, Apr 3 Owned Mae Lockhart, Detroit & Jerry Shampaign, Sandusky.
- 1918, Dec 18 Owned Mae Lockhart, Detroit.
- 1920 New scotch boiler 10 x 11 1/2; Kingsford Boiler Works, Oswego.
- 1922, Aug 10 Vessel burned St. Clair River above St. Clair Flats Canal; 11 people on board; no lives lost.
- 1922, Sep 15 Documents surrendered Detroit.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- International Ship Masters Association
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Great Lakes News
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, Univ
- Unique ID
- John Scougall
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 13:16:46
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio