- Original Owner
- Morris Kneeland
- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1865 Burned off Bar Pt., Lake Erie.
- 1866 Rebuilt Detroit.
- 1866 Owned S. H. Sheldon, Cleveland.
- 1871 Owned Merrick, Detroit.
- 1875 Owned Shields, Cleveland.
- 1876 Owned Luce, Cleveland.
- 1880, Nov 26 Sunk Pt. AuPelee, Lake Erie, holed by ice.
- 1881, Apr 16 Raised taken to Kelley's, turned back by ice, Cleveland.
- 1881, Apr 26 Overhauled, Cleveland.
- 1882 Owned Benham, Cleveland.
- 1887, May 13 Collided with prop. FOUNTAIN CITY in fog, Marquette.
- 1888, Nov 9 Sch. CHANDLER under tow by SAMSON struck by prop CLEVELAND, Marquette.
- 1899 Owned Bliss & Co., Tonawanda, NY.
- 1890, Jun 17 Collided with wrecker REID near Duluth.
- 1894 Owned Frank Perry, Sault Ste Marie, MI.
- 1894, Sep 26 Damaged by fire, docked, Sault Ste. Marie, MI
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Milwaukee Public Library
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of D
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 04:44:44
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio