- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1880 Built to run Kingston - Hamilton, ONT.
- 1882 With opening of Welland Canal, ran Lake Superior to Montreal, QUE in grain trades.
- 1885, Sep In collision with tug BOB HACKETT near head of Bois Blanc Island, Detroit River; tug sank; ST. MAGNUS repaired Detroit Dry Dock Co.
- 1887, Sep Found at fault in collision with tug BOB HACKETT.
- 1891, Aug Deckhand drowned in Toledo Harbor under suspicious circumstances.
- 1892, Jan 13 Owned John J. & William Robertson, Hamilton, ONT.
- 1892, Feb 5 Owned Robert O. & Adam R. MacKay, Hamilton, ONT.
- 1894, Jun Ashore 30 mi. n. of Two Harbors, MN, Lake Superior due to fog & compass error; lightered & released by tug LYON.
- 1895, Jun Capsized Cleveland, OH due to improper loading; raised; towed to Port Colborne, ONT.
- 1895, Sep Burned to the water's edge at Muirs Ship & Dry Dock, Port Colborne; watchman lost in fire; total loss; later rebuilt as tug MAGNOLIA C103690.
- 1895, Oct 5 Registration closed.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inland Lloyds’ Marine Directory
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 04:35:28
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio