- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1891, Jun 9 Launched.
- 1891, Oct Collided with & sank barge MARY BIRCKHEAD, Lime Kiln Crossing.
- 1896, Oct 10 Struck & damaged on Poverty Island, Lake Huron.
- 1897, Nov 11 Struck bottom & broke back in storm leaving Ashtabula, OH, Lake Erie; towed into harbor & sank.
- 1899, Jul Owned National Steel Co; chartered Canada Atlantic Line to end of season.
- 1901 Owned Pittsburgh Steamship Co., Cleveland, OH.
- 1918 To Atlantic coast; owned U.S. Shipping Board; managed French - American Line; 302.4 x 40.1 x 21.6; 2768 gross/1599 net tons.
- 1919, Nov 20 Foundered off Sandy Hook, NY, Atlantic Ocean.
- 1920 Owned Compagne Vapeuro, France; renamed LIBERTAS?
- 1925 Out of registry; presumed scrapped.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- Bowling Green State University
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 04:10:54
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio