- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 100,000 bushels
History and Notes
- 1872 Enrolled Buffalo; ran Buffalo, NY-Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI with CUBA, JAVA, SCOTIA, CORORADO, NEBRASKA and RANOKE, Union Steamboat Line.
- 1873, Sep Collision, steamer JOHN A. DIX near Limekilns, Detroit; cargo grain.
- 1876, Oct Disabled; towed, Port Colborne by prop GRANITE STATE.
- 1878 Ran on commercial Line.
- 1883, Aug Siezed in judgement; owned Mrs. Hamilton.
- 1884 Ran Buffalo-Duluth, MN.
- 1884, Oct Owned James Ash, P. P. Pratt, F. L. Danforth, G. B. Rich.
- 1886 Ran Buffalo-Green Bay, WI.
- 1890 Owned Lakawanna Transportation Co., Buffalo; ran Lake Erie-Milwaukee and Chicago.
- 1892, May 3 Sunk, collision with CELTIC, Lake Erie near Rondeau, ONT.
- 1893, Jun 9 Ashore Beaver Island, fog.
- 1893, Jul 11 Burned; damaged upper works.
- 1897 Locked in ice Green Bay; released by ALGOMAH.
- 1900, Sep 24 Owned Lake Transit Co., Duluth, MN.
- 1907 Owned Port Huron and Duluth Steam Ship Co., Duluth.
- 1909, Apr 30 Foundered Lake Huron; owned R. Duncan, Port Huron, MI.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 04:00:41
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio