- Original Owner
- Bessemer Steamship Company
- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 135,000 bushels
History and Notes
- 1899 Owned American Steel Barge Company.
- 1901 Owned Pittsburgh Steam Ship Company.
- 1905, Nov 6 Aground, Isle Royal, MI.
- 1915 Reboilered, 2 15' 4 1/4" x 10' oil fired, induced draft scotch boilers, American Ship Building Company.
- 1925 Rebuilt.
- 1926 Renamed SOUTH PARK.
- 1927 Made a auto carrier; owned Central Dredging Company, Chicago, IL.
- 1936 Owned Erie Steam Ship Co.
- 1942 Owned Browning; scheduled to go to the war shipping administration; lost rudder, ran on piers, Manistique, total lost.
- 1943 Rebuilt, Manitowoc Ship Building Co. as a tanker; renamed METEOR; owned Cleveland tankers.
- 1969 Aground near Marquette, MI & damaged, ending her career.
- 1970 Decommissioned.
- 1972-73 Towed to Superior, WI by tug JOHN ROEN IV; owned Head of the Lakes Maritime Society, Superior, WI.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 03:42:35