- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 2,400 tons
- Final Location
- 5 miles northeast of Pensaukee, WI, Green Bay
- Lake Michigan
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Final Notes
- Location: 4.75 miles, 175 degree, 35 minutes from Oconto South Pierhead light. Crew of 16 took to 2 lifeboats & rowed to Pensaukee.
- 1924 Had only 3' of water over the wreck
History and Notes
- 1905, Nov Stranded near Escanaba, MI.
- 1906, Jul 19 Owned Sydney C. McLouth, Marine City, MI, Michigan Salt Works.
- 1906 Rebuilt, renamed MC LOUTH, SYDNEY C., Marine City, MI.
- 1906, Oct 24 Ashore Gull Island Reef near Charlevoix, MI.
- 1912, Jun 27 Burned, Green Bay, Lake Michigan.
- 1912, Jun 29 Enrollment surrendered, Port Huron.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 03:27:12
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio