- Propulsion Type
- 24' 6"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 303 86/95
History and Notes
- 1863, Apr 6 Enrolled, Detroit, MI.
- 1864, Apr 28 owned, E. B. Ward, Detroit; ran Detroit-Lexington, MI.
- 1865 Readmeasured, 403 gross tons.
- 1865, Jul 11 Owned, John P. Ward, Detroit, MI; 160 x 24.3 x 8.7'; 403.36 gross tons.
- 1866, Jun 8 Owned, Solomon Gardner and David Gallagher, Detroit.
- 1868 Bustled, Sandusky, OH.
- 1868, Sep 5 Owned, River and Lake Shore Steam Boat Line, Detroit; ran Sandusky-Islands oppostie EVENING STAR.
- 1869, Jun 9 Owned, Peter Fox, Bass Island, OH, et al; upper deck cabins added; 160 x 24.3 x 8.7; 403.87 gross tons.
- 1870, Jun 13 Owned, Alfred S. Kelley, Kelley's Island, OH, Lake Erie Steam Boat Co. Inc et al.
- 1873, May 24 Owned, B. G. Sweet et al; 189.5 x 24.3 x 8.7'; dismantled, Trenton, MI; made a schooner barge; engines to CHIEF JUSTICE WAITE; 3 masts.
- 1873, Aug 8 Owned John Mitchell, Fairhaven, MI et al; 160 x 24.3 x 8.7'; 207.13 gross/197.3 net tons.
- 1880 Towed by MARY PRINGLE.
- 1881 Towed by DON M. DICKINSON; Bay City and Lake Huron lumber trade.
- 1885 Towed by JARVIS LORD.
- 1888, Apr 9 Owned, George Morley, Detroit.
- 1889, May 11 Owned, Alvin Peter, Toledo, OH et al.
- 1890, May 29 Towed by R. C. BRITTAIN.
- 1899 Towed by SAGINAW; abandoned.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- Lytle List
- International Ship Masters Association
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of La
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 02:52:13
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio